Monday, September 19, 2011

We're Finally Expecting! And...It's a Boy!






Well, we finally got the results we'd been waiting for for quite some time back in June. We were finally going to add on to our little family! We are pretty excited. Besides a few months of morning sickness and being constantly tired, everything is going well! I am about 17 weeks, it has gone by so fast! I am due sometime the end of February.

Last week we gave in and decided to find out the gender early. We went to a place in Salt Lake and took Owen with us. As soon as the ultrasound started, I could see his little hand moving and it looked like he was waving at us! About five seconds later, Landon said, "It's a boy, isn't it?" Apparently it was pretty obvious and luckily he wasn't too shy in showing himself off. A couple times the technician kept saying how obvious it was and how she hadn't seen one so obvious from so many angles. Haha. Landon asked Owen what we should name his little brother and Owen said, "Scarlett!", which was a girl name we all really liked for a girl. We broke the news to him that that name wasn't going to be an option anymore. Owen quickly responded with, "Michael Jackson!". It was pretty hilarious. The ultrasound lasted about 15 minutes. It was so fun to just watch him hang out in there. I felt like we saw his little personality through his actions. It made me feel a lot closer to him. We saw him laying on his stomach and he had his hands on his head, strumming his fingers. It was so funny! He did it for at least 10-15 seconds. We also saw him yawn and cuddle up like he was going to take a nap. The technician kept saying how she'd never seen a baby moving his mouth so much and his head side to side. I guess he was wanting to talk to us! I'm glad we found out early. Now we just need to come up with a name for this little guy!

4 comments:

Holly Decker said...

I KNEW IT!!! i am thrilled for you! Owen is going to just LOVE being a big brother... oh what fun! CONGRATS!!! SO EXCITING! :)

Kristin said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Owen will be the best big brother!

Geo said...

I'm partial to Michael Jackson for a name. Sounds like your little man can already moonwalk! I can't wait to meet him!

The Willers said...

I am so, so excited for you guys! I love how active he was for the ultrasound! I hope that everything goes well! Good luck with the name game, I only have 3 weeks left and our little guy still doesn't have a name. LOL It was so much easier naming the first time around.