
CAN'T FOCUS!!!
Well today is a big day for 150 students at BYU Law School. Today is the day we get our grades. We took our finals back in December, but as the finals were all essays it takes a while for the Professors to grade them. I'm blogging because I cannot focus in order to do anything productive. To a law student, today is much more intense than a typical undergraduate report card. Many of the most coveted employers will not even interview students who are not in the top 15% of the class. To make matters worse, most of my classmates are significantly more intelligent than I. At the beginning of last semester, my Legal Research and Writing Professor said, "there are over 20 of you in this class, but only 2 will get an A." Those are not good odds.
Anyway, I worked very hard last semester, and I have tried to convince myself that I will be happy with my efforts regardless of the results. That is much easier said than done. Along with our grades, they will notify us where we stand in the class in 10% increments. Those who are in the top 15% can actually find out exactly what their class rank is i.e. you are #7 of 150. Accordingly, in law school grades are a very personal thing. Generally, classmates do not ask each other how they did. To do so, would be like asking someone how much debt they have. As it is such a personal evaluation, I will not be blogging about the results I get (whether good or bad). I just feel like venting right now because I do not yet have any results and am feeling the pressure. Anyway, it's just a grade right? Life goes on.
Posted by Landon
7 comments:
Wow!! It just sounds intense. You probably have no idea who I am, but I went to Nauvoo with Meredith! :) She's great (you already know though). Anyways, good luck with your grades!
Landon-
Good luck! I hope that you get the result you are looking for. I am confident that you will do just fine! Think positive and give yourself some credit :)
Wow! I hope you did well! I guess it would be rude to ask you later on how you did huh? Or is that just other law students, if they ask? Well anyways, I'm sure you did great. I remember you and Cameron studying together all the time for that math class, and I believe both of you did great!
You are definately top 15% to me!!! I know you rocked that final. You gave it your all and you are going to succeed. There is no doubt in my mind. I believe in you - and I am so proud of you. Love you Bro!
Call me soon... we need to catch up!
Just don't stress, you always stressed in class with Shawn, but you always did great! Take a deep breath because I know you worked your butt off!
good luck landon! what ever the outcome I'm sure you'll have a sense of humor about it but I'm sure you did great.
How much debt do you have?
Post a Comment