My Two Siblings; The Missionaries
Yesterday my brother and sister had their missionary farewells. They did such a good job. Landon and I am so proud of them for how far they have come in their lives. My brother's talk left us all speechless. He told us the story of how he decided to serve a mission ... which I had no idea that any of that had happened until his talk, so of course it made us all cry. I am so proud of him. He wasn't planning on serving a mission at all until a month before his 19th birthday. Over the course of a week or two he came to decide that even though it wasn't what he had planned for his life, it is what the Lord wanted him to do, and he trusted that feeling. I am so proud of him.
My sister's talk was amazing, too, and so funny. I will miss them so much. Words can't even come close. They leave a week from Wednesday.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I remember that feeling... so proud of them, and so sad to see them go. It was so hard for me when Jaron and Landon went on their missions... I worried about them so much. You brother and sister will grow so much. What a neat experience. I wish I could have heard their farewell talks. It sounds like they both did a great job. I'll be thinking of you next wednesday.
So sad they are leaving so soon, but very exciting too!!
my brother is on a mission right now in puerto rico. it's hard but like you i'm so proud of him. he wasn't planning on going either so the fact that he's out there doing awesome is such a blessing. where are they going?
Hey Mer that is awesome that both your brother and sister are going! My brother leaves in a few weeks too...he is going to Germany...it is crazy because he is the first of the fam to go! It sounds like the talks were amazing!
Post a Comment