Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hanging up my blogging shoes

Okay, I've decided to step away from the sport of blogging. Why? Evidently, I've lost touch with what is blogworthy and what isn't. My last post, "Schrute Snacks", was not a hit. It was placed at the top of our blog for over a week and received zero comments. Everyone who knows anything about blogging knows that the barometer for a successful post is the amount of comments said post receives. I've been blogsurfing for quite some time now, and I've seen posts about everything from people's stamp collections to potty training. I've seen some pretty lame posts that have at least received courtesy comments such as, "That's such a cute picture!" or "That's so true. I hadn't ever thought of that!", but my last post evidently did not so much as merit even a courtesy laugh. It is for this reason that I'm taking a break. Farewell friends.

Landon

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Haha, sorry Landon. I actually remember reading that post and I did chuckle! (But then I probably went to eat a snack or something contributing to your commentless, yet not wasteful post.) Don't lose hope; I find yours more entertaining than Scotty's videos of random birds. :)

Ben S said...

The Landon I knew would never give up.... you've changed Landon...

jaron said...

You are right Landon, you have just lost your funniness and it is better to quit early before you burn the wrong image into cyberspace forever. It is better to minimize the amount of distracting blogs for the sake of us that are real comedians. You should be commended.

Jaimie said...

ha ha ha!!! You couldn't walk away from blogging if you tried. You'll be back! You love it.

It's so true. Aaron and I judge whether a post is good or not by the number of comments too.

I love your blog. It always makes me laugh.

Peterson's said...

Oh landon, don't stop! Look we are all making comments now!

Jaimie said...

Wow!!! You really weren't kidding. You've really quit. I gotta say I didn't think you were a quitter. I'm disappointed in you Landon. By now I figured there would be several posts about your fun stay in San Antonio with my family. ha ha!

Ashley Gower said...

For crying out loud, Shannon, Landon and I are still friends and I read the comments on his and Mer's blog.

Also, I mentioned that the video didn't do it any justice.

Nobody said anything about your booty shots.

Emilie said...

don't quit now!! i just found you guys!

Anonymous said...

Landon, consider this an intervention. You had a nice run for a while. The plasma center blog was a hit, the shrute snacks...not so much. I think you're probably right in hanging up the old sneakers and calling it quits. Life's too short to be posting mediocre blogs every other week. Way too short.

DeAndra said...

I don't know what's worse, judging yourself on what other people think or complaining about it to get sympathy comments.

"oh, that's a good idea. I wonder why they've never done that"

Happy now? I hope so.

It was funny though...

angie said...

#1--you're going to make a great lawyer.
#2--don't stop posting...you're very entertaining.
#3--getting zero comments is a shot to the pride...i hate when i don't get comments. speaking of that...i've never gotten one from you or jaron. hhhhhmmmmm....