Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wise Beyond His Months...

I just thought I'd make a post about Owen's extraordinary wisdom at such a young age. So, last night I'd been walking Owen around the house for like 20 minutes hoping to soothe him to sleep. My back was really starting to get tired and my eyes were feeling even heavier than Owen. Finally, he started to fall asleep. I walked him around for another 5 minutes or so to be certain he was in a deep enough sleep that the process of me placing him in his crib would not wake him. The moment I laid him down his eyes popped wide open. At that moment, I started to feel pretty dang frustrated until he started smiling great big at me. Disillusioned, I left the room hoping he'd put himself to sleep. I re-entered the room about 5 minutes later to see if his eyes were open and sure enough he was wide awake, but he looked at me and smiled again. He then started rapidly kicking his legs letting me know that not only were his eyes open, but he was hyper too. I just thought I'd post this because he was so cute and knew how to avoid being in trouble. He's the man!

Posted by Landon

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

I knew when I read the title that this post had to be yours Landon! I started laughing at the title and that continued all the way through. I love this story. Way to go Owen!!! I love to give your Daddy a hard time too!