Thursday, April 03, 2008

I was "tagged" by my sister-in-law Jaimie to tell the story behind the name we chose for Owen:

We had a really tough time deciding on a name. Owen wasn't officially named until he was two days old. We originally liked the names Clark, Owen, Maxwell, and Harrison. (I LOVE that name and still plan on using it, against Landon's will.) I really liked the name Owen and we basically got it from Owen Wilson. Plus it is an Irish name and I love Ireland. A month or two before he was born I was lying in bed one night and I just felt strongly that we should name him Owen. In the hospital before we named him, I would accidentally keep calling him Owen without even thinking about it. We sang him Happy Birthday the day he was born and I said Owen when you say the name. When the hospital photographer took his picture, I swear he looked like this one photo of Owen Wilson, and I wanted to name him that even more. Landon wanted to use the name Maxwell, and so we thought about compromising and doing Owen Maxwell or Maxwell Owen. But we decided to save that name for a future one. Clark is his middle name. We kind of just randomly picked it even though we hadn't thought of it for a while. Thus, Owen Clark!

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

I've been watching for this post ever since I tagged you. That was fun to hear the story of how Owen got his name. I love the name by the way.

Peterson's said...

My theory is this: If you can't hear the baby, just leave him alone. And even if he is making noise just wait a while and see if he starts freaking out. We eventually got to the point where we would throw like 5 pacifiers in her crib and she would find one, pop it in her mouth and put herself back to sleep (around 6 months old).