Sunday, August 16, 2009

Texas Trip

Last week we got back from an almost two week vacation in Texas, visiting Landon's family. We had SOO much fun! We hardly get to see them so it was a much needed trip. On our layover in Denver en route to San Antonio, we gave up our seats on the flight for $400.00 flight vouchers each. And, they also put us up in a nice hotel and paid for all our meals. It only put our arrival behind half a day.

We first went to San Antonio where we spent a few days with Jaimie, Aaron, Jenna, Jared and the boys. We went to Chuck E Cheese, had a movie night where the girls (and Jared!) went to see the Proposal while Aaron and Landon watched the boys and then when we got back they went and saw Star Trek. We also had a blast playing Tennis one night. Jaron and Em came a couple days later and we all had fun playing Rock Band that night. It was our first time meeting our six month old nephew, Trevor. He is so dang adorable.

The next day we drove down to the Gulf of Mexico to Port Aransas, where we all rented a beach house. It was one of the funnest trips I've been on. We were a five minute walk from the beach. I hope we do it again.

After that we went up to Stephenville. I just want to say that I wish Utah had a Chicken E. They have amazing fried chicken. You just have to go there to know how good it all is. Landon's parents recently remodeled their home and it turned out so cute. Paul did most of the work himself and he did an amazing job. They also have two little kittens there that Owen totally fell in love with. He loved to hold them even though he didn't know how. One time he came out of a room holding it upside down. One night we saddled up some horses, which Owen thought was cool, but he didn't like sitting on one with Landon. It lasted long enough for me to take a picture. Kind of a disappointment with how good he is at making "the horsey noise."

We had such a fun time. It was so great to get to know Landon's family better. We miss them so so so much already. We love you guys!


Owen's first Chuck E Cheese adventure. He loved just sitting on the rides even if they weren't going.


Owen and Easton always managed to sneak off and get into things. They are only six weeks apart and had a lot of fun playing together.






Our neighborhood in Port Aransas.


Our beach house.


The amazing sand castle.




Owen LOVED the kittens!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow, that's cool about the flight vouchers! I'd definitely do that for sure! Where are ya'll gonna go?! And Landon was right, that sand castle is quite empressive!

Jaimie said...

It was so fun to see you guys. I'm so glad you came to stay for two weeks. We loved that time with you. The boys are super attached to you guys now and were so sad for days. We miss you already.

Jenna Joan said...

I wish we could go back today! I had so much fun with you guys. I hope I can see you guys soon. I miss ya. Things are pretty crazy now with school starting but hopefully I can see you guys at harvest break. Love ya!