Growing up, I never thought that if/when my two younger siblings went on missions, they would go at the same time, let alone get their mission calls on the same day! Well, today was that day. We had to wait until 9:30pm to open them ... my older sister drove down from Idaho and Meryl and Taylor had some other things going on. My Mom was so funny, she went out and bought little flags from twenty different countries, as well as foods from all over the world. We for sure thought that they would both go foreign. But, Meryl is going to Fort Lauderdale, FL, spanish speaking! And Taylor is going to Cincinnati, OH, english speaking. !!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for them. I am also somewhat relieved that they will be in the US. They both go into the MTC on February 4th. My Mom said that she couldn't handle to go there twice, so she is going to have to cry her eyes out twice as much in one day. Well, there you have it. Wish them luck!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Mission Calls!

Growing up, I never thought that if/when my two younger siblings went on missions, they would go at the same time, let alone get their mission calls on the same day! Well, today was that day. We had to wait until 9:30pm to open them ... my older sister drove down from Idaho and Meryl and Taylor had some other things going on. My Mom was so funny, she went out and bought little flags from twenty different countries, as well as foods from all over the world. We for sure thought that they would both go foreign. But, Meryl is going to Fort Lauderdale, FL, spanish speaking! And Taylor is going to Cincinnati, OH, english speaking. !!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for them. I am also somewhat relieved that they will be in the US. They both go into the MTC on February 4th. My Mom said that she couldn't handle to go there twice, so she is going to have to cry her eyes out twice as much in one day. Well, there you have it. Wish them luck!
Growing up, I never thought that if/when my two younger siblings went on missions, they would go at the same time, let alone get their mission calls on the same day! Well, today was that day. We had to wait until 9:30pm to open them ... my older sister drove down from Idaho and Meryl and Taylor had some other things going on. My Mom was so funny, she went out and bought little flags from twenty different countries, as well as foods from all over the world. We for sure thought that they would both go foreign. But, Meryl is going to Fort Lauderdale, FL, spanish speaking! And Taylor is going to Cincinnati, OH, english speaking. !!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for them. I am also somewhat relieved that they will be in the US. They both go into the MTC on February 4th. My Mom said that she couldn't handle to go there twice, so she is going to have to cry her eyes out twice as much in one day. Well, there you have it. Wish them luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How exciting. Tell them congrats from me.
Wow! That is so neat that they got their calls the same day and enter the MTC on the same day too! How fun to have your family together to open their calls. Your mom is so amazing... getting all those flags from other countries and foods from all around the world. Congrats to your brother and sister.
Thats so exciting. Oh your mom is going to melt down at the MTC haha. Hey and then I'll come soon after that, and get to see you then you wont have to miss them for a day! Love ya
my little bro is on a mission and it is awesome. you'll have fun sending them pix of owen and stuff!! i can't believe they get to go into the mtc together...that is crazy!!
That's awesome news! What a cool day for you family :)
Congrats to them both! My older brother (Em's) and his wife (Chris and Deanna) live in Cincinnati, and I grew up there till I was 9. It's a great place! That's so great for your family!!
Post a Comment