






In mid August my family (minus Landon, which was a huge bummer to not have him with us due to work), went on our annual trip to the Washington coast. As always, it was a blast, but we definitely missed Landon. We hardly get any cell phone service there but luckily the house had free long distance calling. Before the coast, Marci, Taylor, Owen & I went to the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. Owen was the most excited about seeing the small sharks in their aquarium. Unfortunately I didn't get good pictures in there. We got a seed stick for him to feed to a bird and I was surprised at how brave he was. He didn't even flinch when the bird had finished all the seeds and went to peck on his finger! At the coast we just relaxed. It's always a very laid back vacation. My favorite memories were naps on the beach, drinking hot chocolate on the porch at night, (the temperature is very cool there, so hot chocolate and hot-tubbing are necessities at night! Unfortunately this time I wasn't able to hot tub since I'm pregnant), and roasting marshmellows with everyone. Owen really got into story telling that night and it was hilarious. I was able to read 'The Help' while we were gone. It was a fun read and a very good book. I can't wait to go back next year, hopefully with Landon in tow!
No comments:
Post a Comment