Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I was playing with Owen tonight and he laughed for the first time! It wasn't a very drawn out laugh but it definitely was one. He is growing up so fast!

I have been on the new no dairy, eggs, or soy diet for two weeks now. It is hard. We went to dinner at Chilies last week and the only thing on the menu that I could have was a hamburger patty. Delicious. The thing I miss the most would probably be butter. Owen's doctor told me that after 10 days I should try eggs, but on the 10th day he was still having blood in his diaper. It can take up to two full weeks for everything to clear out of your system. But on Sunday I decided to have some muffins with eggs in them, and today he had blood in his diaper. So I might have to scratch out eggs completely. This is hard. But Owen is worth it!

4 comments:

Peterson's said...

Mer, so cute. My sister designed my blog, i don't know how to do the digital scrapbooks. But you can go to pyzam.com and get some backgrounds, but if you don't want to lose your extra stuff, like music, and link list, then talk to me before you cut and paste. love ya, chels

kristina said...

Okay so this probably sounds crazy but there is a Doctor here in St. George that fixes allergies. Fixes as in makes them go away completely. My sis-in-law's little boy was allergic to dairy and having major stomach issues and now he is completely fine. He does something with a vial of stuff, and it just has to be touching their skin for 2-25 hours so it isn't nasty medicine or anything. Like I said, sounds wacky. So maybe you guys should make an appt. and come visit so then you can have all the butter and eggs you want!! (And of course Owen will be real thankful, I'm sure).

angie said...

so, this alergy doc is real that kristina told you about. you seriously should bring owen down to st. george. that would be so hard not to eat any of that stuff. your a good mommy either way!!!

Jaimie said...

Sweet change to the blog. It looks awesome! Can't wait to see your next post!